The Shipping Services & Policies of C.B. Reeds & Tools
Shipping, Returns, & Policies
1. A Shipping and Handling fee for the purchase of a Micrometer is $15
2. I'm in a hurry! - Rush orders are available. Please add the Rush My Order! Fee before check out.
3. Orders are usually processed and shipped within 1 to 5 days. If I am unable to ship the item within five days, I will contact you.
4. If you have a specific shipping preference or would like a tracking/confirmation number on any individual purchase, please contact us. All micrometers and larger orders come with both insurance and tracking. Please consult http://postcalc.usps.com/ for current rates and costs.
II. International Orders
1. Rush My Order! is not available for orders outside of the United States.
2. International orders may need to pay additional postage. Please consult http://postcalc.usps.com/ for current rates and costs.
III. Refunds, Returns, and Exchanges
CB Reeds & Tools accepts refunds, returns, and exchanges of items that are unused and in the condition that we sent them. To receive a full refund, please return items intact and free of any signs of wear.
Just follow these steps to get your return started and your money (or credit) back.
1. Contact us via email within the 14-day trial period in order to process a return.
2. Return the item using a USPS Flat Rate Priority Box with tracking and insurance for the purchase amount.
3. Confirm a shipment of the return item within three days of the trial period. Please confirm shipment of the return by emailing us the USPS tracking number.
Terms & Conditions of Refunds, Returns, and Exchanges
Original shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable. Returns are at the discretion of CB Reeds & Tools. CB Reeds & Tools is not responsible for damage to products in transit. Please note: CB Reeds may refuse any return if it does not meet these guidelines. If you have questions or concerns before returning items, please contact us via email.
1. Refunds, returns and exchanges are at the discretion of C.B. Reeds & Tools. Considerations can be made depending on the situation.
2. Reeds are nonrefundable for obvious reasons. However, considerations can be made depending on the situation.
3. All reeds and custom orders are nonrefundable.
4. The 14-day trial period starts on the day of delivery.
5. All items are subject to a restocking fee.
IV. Custom Reed Orders
1. Please contact me before placing your order so we can discuss your reed and measurements.
2. Custom Reeds are the same price as the Custom Professional Reeds however price may vary depending on your order.
3. It may take up to two weeks before your Custom Reed order ships because all custom reeds start from gouged cane.
4. In some cases, I will ask that you send two or three reference reeds before placing the order. This option is typically for customers who do not have the time to make reeds themselves or for those who are switching from other reed-makers to CB Reeds.
5. Another Custom Reed option which is slightly more variable is to place your order for the quantity of Custom Professional Reeds and immediately email me as many of the specifications you can, including:
a. Reed Shape, please keep in mind the shapes CB Reeds & Tools offers (Winstead, Herzberg, Fox 1, Fox 2, Fox BL, Fox H, Rieger 1A, Rieger 6, and Rieger 14)
b. Overall Length (in mm.)
c. Tube Length and Blade Length (in mm.)
d. Distance between the first and second wires from collar (in mm.)
e. Distance between the third wire and end of the tube (in mm.)
f. Collar Definition: No Collar, Some Collar, Well-Defined Collar
g. Gouge Thickness (in mm.)
h. Cane Quality: Soft or Hard cane
i. Any other specifications including factors that could affect your playing, humidity, type of instrument, bocal length, the pitch of your instrument, etc.
Yes, these micrometers work and many oboists and bassoonists are currently using them. You will most likely never need to purchase another micrometer!
1. If you are purchasing a dial indicator, please understand it can take up to two weeks to process due to the dial indicator manufacturer. I usually have one or two dials on hand, but it is easier for me to order the dial and set up the indicator after initial interest.
2. All Micrometers and micrometer accessories are nonrefundable because of the labor and time placed in manufacturing. I have modified and replaced parts for very little cost.
3. If your micrometer has fallen out of adjustment or becomes finicky, CB Reeds can setup or refurbish the micrometer for $25.00 plus shipping. If the dial indicator itself breaks or fails in your possession, you will need to purchase another one through the manufacturer.
4. If you are having a problem with your dial, please contact me.
5. The Shipping and Handling fee for a Micrometer is $15.00. This fee covers tracking, insurance, and packing fees.
CB Reeds & Tools can modify micrometers by replacing the stylus, contact points, and has designed a custom stand around a faithful dial indicator. Much of the modifications do not require intensive modifications and many parts are installable on your own. We also sharpen blades, modify and refurbish reed making tools, and can help with your custom reed tool design. Please contact us if you have any custom projects in mind.